Best way to sell Vodafone shares ASAP (rump of Eircom floatation 2000)

J

jordata

I invested in Eircom shares back in 2000 and still have the Vodafone portion left. Now my husband has been put on protective notice and we need to sell them as quickly as possible. I know the timing is not great but we've no choice. I have no stock broker account and have no idea how to sell them and minimise the costs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Advice on selling Vodafone shares - ASAP

I think sharewatch are one of the cheaper brokers to sell them.

A while back I did mine through their recommended pathway with is Computershare (uk), Telephone share dealing section in uk.
Phone them and have the cert numbers and qty to hand and I found them relatively cheap to do the transaction and got paid by return, once you have despatched the certs to them.
Number was 0044 (0?)870 703 0084
Not sure about the (0)? in above.

Vodafone offer a share dealing service. See their web site at:
[broken link removed]

"An internet share dealing service is available for holders of ordinary shares through our Registrars, Computershare Investor Services PLC. Shareholders may use the service to either increase their holding or sell some or all of their holding. The service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and offers real time trading during market hours. The commission rate is 0.5% of sale proceeds or purchase price, subject to a minimum charge of £15 or €32. In addition, stamp duty, currently at 0.5% is payable on purchases. Sterling and Euro currency settlement is available."

Think I'd sell my €100 worth for sterling if the € commission is €32 and £stg is only £15.

Thanks for the advice. Went with Compushare in the end. Quick and easy - just as the doctor ordered!!

Back