Best way to make small regular payments from UK

Sherpa

Anyone know what's the best way to make relatively small regular payments to an Irish bank account if you're living in the UK? Ideally we want to be able to automate it e.g. Standing Order from a UK bank account each month.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance
Sherpa

I know you can't do a Standing Order going the other way from Ireland to England. I'm pretty sure the same rules will apply visa versa.
If the English a/c can be accessed online it may be possible to register & do it that way.....could work out expensive though as these types of transfer are better costwise for occasional large amounts.

Costs approx £20 for each money transfer.
Option would be to get a check book from your bank and post check monthly or whatever to family member or someone you trust to lodge into account

Thanks for all the help so far. The "cheque in the mail" is probably the cheapest the way to go alright, but it's a bit of a pain.

In response to the question about who we bank with in the UK, the answer is no-one as yet - we're in the process of setting it up. Do some banks offer better facilities in this area than others?

BOI have a couple of branches in UK, may be able to sort something out there. I only have experience with Lloyds TSB and as UK to Ireland transactions cannot be done online you have to go in-branch. Also to get a member of staff who can fill out transfer form properly is a sight to behold.

Back