Best way to Invest

nelsenryan82

What is the best way to invest ones cash for long-term gains?
How does one go about buying commodities?

Without getting into too much detail, those two sentences should never go together. i.e. if you are new to investing you should stay away from commodities which are risky and volatile. Walk before run etc.

There are plenty of excellent threads on AAM with advice for those new to investing, spend a bit of time going through those - it is a worthwhile exercise.

Agreed... Apart from my pension fund, I haven't started investing in the stockmarket yet but have been reading up on it for quite a while now as I intend to start soon.

From my limited knowledge (not experience mind you), commodities seem to be more of a constituent of a large diversified portfolio.

The stockmarket is probably the best place to start investing and then, when you have a really large portfolio, you might want to add an element of commodities to it for diversification. For example, I am considering investing in shares or ETF's until my portfolio reaches, for example, twice my annual wage. Then I'll consider investing 5-10% of that amount in a commodity such as Gold or Silver as a hedge.

Commodities volatile?
Risk/Return
How does one go about investing in commodities anyway?
Anyone have predictions?
Coffee?? - Rising Chinese wealth- starting to drink their lattes, Chinese yuppies in Starbucks, being snobs attempting to model us in the West.

Commodities volatile?
Risk/Return
How does one go about investing in commodities anyway?
Anyone have predictions?
Coffee?? - Rising Chinese wealth- starting to drink their lattes, Chinese yuppies in Starbucks, being snobs attempting to model us in the West.
Why not buy shares in the companies that you believe stand to benefit from consumption of the relevant commodities?

Back