best sources to use to rent apt in Dublin ?

M

mousey

I have an apartment in Dublin which I want to rent. Have it with an agent for the past few weeks but is really not producing the goods. Has it advertised on Daft but no takers. Anybody suggest other sources that could be used to rent this apartment?

Put an ad in the evening herald. It's the only way I have ever got tenants.

mousey said:
If using the herald what day is best ?
You can put an ad in that runs for three days. I was told that Tuesday to Thursday is the best time but I can't remember who told me or what the rational was.

I have advertised on Daft for two properties, one in Dublin and the other quite close to Dublin. I found it okay, quite slow to get people, but the great thing is you can put pictures up. This works best. Once I put pictures up there was much more interest. Also, make sure that you refresh your ad everyday to ensure it stays near the top of the list.

I also advertised in the Herald, but found a lot of weirdos ringing me up. I ended up not answering my phone for two weeks and leaving it on message minder. One person rang literally about 35 times! If you are going down that route, Thursday and Friday are probably the best days to ensure it's in.

Unregistered said:
I also advertised in the Herald, but found a lot of weirdos ringing me up.
My sister had the same problem with advertising in the Herald . She put the next ad into the Herald in Irish and that generally got rid of the problem .

Her next problem was that a lot of her flatmates for the next few years were teachers which left her with vacancies in the summer :) .

Letting agencies are there to be used by those who cannot handle the weirdos at all.

Unregistered said:
I also advertised in the Herald, but found a lot of weirdos ringing me up ... One person rang literally about 35 times!

Why is that weird?!?

you are at it again Clubman. I think you can extrapolate why it would seem a bit weird.

At what again? If somebody advertises a product/service and a potential customer/client is persistent enough to keep calling back in an attempt to secure it I don't see what's necessarily weird about that. In contrast advertising something and then refusing to take calls in about it would seem weird to me.

Clubman,

How many times would you continue phoning before you realised that either

a) the property is no longer available. Or,

b) the person doesn't want to talk to you?

Anything close to 35 times is weird IMHO.

Back