Best Secure investment option?

F

finbar21

My husband currently has €33k in a BOI special bonus saver a/c. this comprised of his matured ssia and weekly lodgements of €200. The recent ststement says that the interest on the matured balance is 3.75% and on savigs balance is 6.75%-I'm just not sure exacly what this means-can anyone explain in smple language?. I have been looking at the best buys and it seems we would be better off transferring just under 15k into first active accounts in each of our names for a year and reviewing the situation then. Any suggestions? and he could probably keep up the savings of 200 per week or near enough to it for the foreseeable future

The Matured balance rate I believe is 4% (this is on your SSIA savings), and the additional savings rate is 6.750% on your subsequent savings. You should be aware that both rates reduce drastically after a while, I think it's 18 months after the SSIA maturity date. Maybe you are at this point now ?. Anyway the best buys section here will help you decide if you want to keep saving. First Active's rate is very good.

Back