best online trade platform for long term investments

Kye1

Hello!

I have been researching online for awhile now, and i just need advice on who to invest with for long term investments.

I do not have a large lump sum to invest in (1000 euros), but have a few companies in mind that i want to invest in. Sharewatch seems like the only best option i have, although they are not recommended as to other international online trading sites.

I would like to buy shares and sit on them for 10+ years.

The companies are based in the US, and one is in the UK.

I know its a simple question for most here. I am a bit cautious when it comes to my money, and dont want to pay so much more on fees then i do on the shares. Any advice will be great.

Kye.

My advice - If you will only be trading once and holding pick the broker with the lowest maintenance fee. NIB is currently waiving their maintenance fee (could always change) altho you will need to set up a bank a/c with them.

Goodbody is next who charge 26 euros a year.

Goodbody is next who charge 26 euros a year.

The main cons on goodbody is the nominee account, and also the price, although most infomation about Goodbody's prices are dated from earily 2007.

I also cant find if they list the companies i want to invest in.

The big plus is my main account is AIB, so i can trade with them through the AIB trading platform.

Kye.

1K is a bit small for a trade. Many would suggest that the minimum trade should be about 10K. (minimizes costs)

For a small trade like that, you probably should be looking at speculative stocks; i.e. mining etc

If it is 38 euro per trade, would it no difference if i build up 10k over the year in small trades?

Kye.

Kye,
It would be a difference as each 'small trade' costs €38. Cheaper to do it in 1 large trade than several small ones..

Back