Best online broker

Don't IB charge USD10/month for their IBKR Pro plan ?

The IBKR Lite plan, which has zero monthly charge, is not available to non-US residents ?
I am on pro with IB UK... Not sure why I dont see the 10 Eur charge yet... But please dont tell them...;) I am just a small defensive long term investor...

Had this mail from Degiro

We noticed that you have a substantial amount invested in one of the Money Market Funds. This is because unused money on your account is automatically invested into a Money Market Fund (MMF) via a standing order. Amounts in MMF holdings are not (fully) compensated for negative returns. The return for most of these MMF’s is negative at the moment.
This situation is most likely not ideal for you, and neither for DEGIRO. Your investments in MMF’s are costing you money through negative returns. Next to this DEGIRO is bound by certain regulations with regards to these MMF’s.
To resolve this, amounts above €5500 that are invested in the Morgan Stanley EUR MMF will soon be returned to your bank account. In case you are invested in the FundShare EUR MMF, amounts above €1500 will be returned. This return will be one-off, but we may do this again in the near future if we are required to. Of course, if you wish to prevent this return, you can invest your money in other products of your choice.

This is not great so you can't keep money in degiro while waiting for an oppurtunity

Had this mail from Degiro

We noticed that you have a substantial amount invested in one of the Money Market Funds. This is because unused money on your account is automatically invested into a Money Market Fund (MMF) via a standing order. Amounts in MMF holdings are not (fully) compensated for negative returns. The return for most of these MMF’s is negative at the moment.
This situation is most likely not ideal for you, and neither for DEGIRO. Your investments in MMF’s are costing you money through negative returns. Next to this DEGIRO is bound by certain regulations with regards to these MMF’s.
To resolve this, amounts above €5500 that are invested in the Morgan Stanley EUR MMF will soon be returned to your bank account. In case you are invested in the FundShare EUR MMF, amounts above €1500 will be returned. This return will be one-off, but we may do this again in the near future if we are required to. Of course, if you wish to prevent this return, you can invest your money in other products of your choice.

This is not great so you can't keep money in degiro while waiting for an oppurtunity

Discussed here -

The money you keep with them, costs them - so they are minimising it

Newbie enquiry here - my Degiro application is stalled. What is the next best online platform that you would recommend? I'm going to be looking at some mainstream shares and also some UK AIM shares. Thanks for any advice!

Back