Best Motor Insurance for first time driver in Ireland

bearaman

Hi All,
I've recently come back to good ole Ireland and I'm about to buy a car. I've never driven here before and this will be my first time looking for car insurance. What is the best insurance company to go with in my case? I'm 34 and the car will probably be a 1.2 Corsa.
Can I use my car rentals records in Ireland as proof of my good driving record when I go to get insurance?
Thanks,
Bearaman

Can I use my car rentals records in Ireland as proof of my good driving record when I go to get insurance?
Never heard of this being used to prove driver proficiency before, but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt your case when being put to potential insurers. If you can get proof of your NCB with insurers abroad this would be more beneficial to your case (some previous threads of drivers from abroad seeking NCB around on AAM).

As for who is the best for this case, no simple answer. Get quotes from as many as possible and play them off against each other. It's a low sized engine, your age will help lower it, and proof of previous experience should help so you shouldn't have too many problems getting a good quote.

(As you didn't mention previous NCBs abroad should we assume you've had claims? If not this is the best route forward. If you have had claims non disclosure could mean you void any potential insurance [thread on this (Re: Non disclosure of penalty points) currently on AAM].

Back