Best Mortgage

roadrunner

I`m inheriting a site est value - €30K.
Am building a hose on it est cost €260K - want to borrow €300K for finishing, landscape etc. Dont want to use Savings. What is best Mortgage out there for me? What would I need to be entitled to a discounted tracker? any advice most welcome.

"I`m inheriting a site est value - €30K.
Am building a hose on it est cost €260K - want to borrow €300K for finishing, landscape etc. Dont want to use Savings. What is best Mortgage out there for me? What would I need to be entitled to a discounted tracker? any advice most welcome."

There are many mortgages availble in the market to suit your needs in this instance. Most banks will allow you to borrow the full amount of the building costs and the costs requied to finished the property (i.e. lanscaping etc), provided that the loan to value ratio (that is the loan over the value of the property) does not exceed 92% when the property is completed. The banks will release these funds in stages when the relevant work is completed on foot of engineers reports, valuers reports and other documentation.

There will not be any restriction on the rates that you can avail of and a discounted tracker will be availble provided that the bank you choose to go with offers this type of rate. In addition some banks offer interest only periods that you may be able to avail of to keep your cash flow in check while the house is being built (in the event that you have a double hit on your outgoings during the build period - e.g. mortgage payments and rent).

You should definetly talk to a broker as they will help you through this process.

Hope that helps.

Back