Best House Alarm

Gordon Gekko

Hi,

In terms of getting a house alarm, has anyone any experience of what’s available and good at the moment?

I don’t really know anything about the current options.

Presumably everything is wireless now? And smart technology?

Thanks.

HKC and Siemens are the two biggest brands here, any supplier operating here will be able to service and maintain so you'll be able to shop around.

If you have wires in place or it would be relatively straightforward to install them, go with wired sensors every time! Both above brands do hybrid systems though, so you can use wired sensors where convenient and wireless where it's not.

Some suppliers will push wireless as they are quicker for them to install and are a nice earner in replacing batteries.

Hi,

A friend of mine in the UK mentioned a system that can fire gas at intruders which limits visibility.

Is there a trustworthy supplier who I could contact and be talked through a decent spectrum of options?

Many thanks.

A friend of mine in the UK mentioned a system that can fire gas at intruders which limits visibility.
Are you sure your friend didn't relocate to SA ?

However, IIRC, there was experimentation (for a while, could be still available ?) with dry ice/smoke generators within (commercial) intruder alarm systems that led to reduced visibility within the protected area.

Are you sure your friend didn't relocate to SA ?

However, IIRC, there was experimentation (for a while, could be still available ?) with dry ice/smoke generators within (commercial) intruder alarm systems that led to reduced visibility within the protected area.

No, it’s definitely available for residential properties in London.

Remote access HKC, hardwired to sensors/fire alarm and monitoring. I suggest Internal and external lights switch on when the alarm is activated and cannot be turned off until the access code is input. Good lighting is a necessary deterrent.

Back