Best health plan for child needing physio and speech therapy?

hob1

Looking for some advice. Renewal due in weeks time, Husband with Laya Simply Connect, I am on VHI PMI 4316 and kids on VHI One Plan Complete. My youngest is ten and is going to need speech therapy and physiotherapy for a time and we are going to have to go privately. Is there any plan I should consider which would be of use for this.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.

hob1,

Just a few quick questions.
What is your actual renewal date?
How many children do you have?

VHI don't cover children's speech therapy, only for adults, so it will probably be a Laya plan.
I will make suggestions when I know the details in the above questions.

Regards, Snowyb

Thanks for reply Snowyb.
Renewal date is 16th October. I have two children. Husband with Laya so should be ok switching youngest .
Thanks again.

hob1,

The following plans with Laya are worth considering, including refunds for physio and child speech therapy;

1. Laya Control 300 Create; price 271pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess 300 per admission, 125 excess
per day case. No excess applies to any public hospital. Good day to day cover included, physio 30euro x 25 visits,
child speech therapy 30euro x 8 visits, consultant visits 80 per visit etc.

2. Laya Control 150 Create; price 322pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess 150 per admission,
day case excess 75 per visit. Good day to day cover included, physio 30euro x 25 visits, child speech therapy 30euro x 8 visits, consultant visit 80 per visit.

3. Laya Control 150 Secure; price 334pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess 150 per admission,
day case excess 75 per visit. Good day to day cover included, physio 40euro x 25 visits, child speech therapy 40 x 8 visits, consultant visit 100 per
visit.

[broken link removed]

The main difference between the above plans relate to the private/hi-tech excess and the refund amount for physio and speech therapy.
Hospital cover is the same across all 3 plans.

The VHI half price offer still applies upto 31st October 2017, so One Plan Complete or One + Plan are good value for your other child.
Both adult plans are still good value with VHI and Laya.

Snowyb

Many thanks for comprehensive information, it would have taken me forever to figure this out on my own.
I will move him to Laya Control 300 create and keep his sister on VHI plan.
Thanks again Snowyb.