Best Health Insurance for Sporty twentysomething

P

problum8

Hi all. I want to get health insurance for 2013 and not sure what one is best for me. Here are my needs;

1. I play a lot of sports and would require physio throughout the year at various times. Maybe 20 sessions per year. Also I would like to be covered for Physical Therapy etc.

2. There would be a possibility of MRI's, Xrays etc. and Casualty too I suppose.

3. Alternative/Acupuncture/ Chiropractor would be nice to be covered but not essential.

4. Not overly concerned about hospital care but if it wasnt over budget it would be brilliant.

5 Budget is about €1,000.

I would be most grateful for any help on this.

Hi,

Here are a few suggestions to consider. Aviva Health are probably the best regarding your physio needs. In May 2012, they added a new benefit called 'back-up' treatment sessions on all plans, which allows 8 physio treatments x 2 times a year free of charge, with an initial fee of 50euro. They also cover 50% of upto 25 visits depending on the chosen plan. Physical therapy, acupuncture, chiropracter and MRIs Xrays are also allowable according to each plan.

www.hia.ie/latest-news/archive/2012/aviva-health-new-benefit-on-all-plans-16.05.2012/

The following are a good selection of options with Aviva. Now the problem is, all these plans are going up in price on Tuesday 1 Jan 2013. So, you would have to join 31 Dec 2012 to get these prices.

www.hia.ie/ci/comparison/step3?319&309&316&317/

Good hospital cover is included in all these plans.

Snowyb

Back