Best ferry for crossing Irish Sea?

Hillsalt

I am driving to UK with my wife and kids later this month. I haven't been on a ferry since the old B & i days in the 80's. Who is the best company to travel with?

I am not necessarily looking for the quickest or indeed the cheapest but I want the best 'experience'. Of course, if the best is also the least expensive and fastest, then I will be happier.

Thanks in advance.

Best value is probably Norfolk Line to Birkenhead but its a 6-7 hr crossing although the shipmis very comfortable. Both Stena Line and Irish Ferries have High Speed services to Holyhead (about 1hr 45mins) and their fares are almost identical.

I sense you are looking for comfort , and I would recommend the Irish Ferries ' Ulysses '

Travelled over and back 3 times this year with Stena. Ship was clean, staff polite, food expensive but very good. Had films showing on the way over - evening sailing, premiership match on the way back - lunchtime sailing. Quick to load and offload. Great experience and reasonably priced.

Irish Ferries fast cat is the line we always take when we are going over to Ireland. (Holyhead -Dublin)