Best Directors pension plan

elleirbag

hi,
i am a 42 year old director of my own limited company ( no other employees) and want to set up a pension for myself.

So far the reserach I've done indicates that the most tax efficient vehicle for me is a Directors pension plan.
However how do I get a comparison of what all the usual pension companies ( Irish Life Canada Life, Eagle Star etc) in terms of perfomance, management fees and product offerings?

Is there a website or some publication I could peruse to help enlighten me as I really don't know anything about pensions.
Any advice gratefully received!
:)
Thanks Elleirbag

Gerard Sheehy makes some very good points on his blog about what the definition of "best" pension vehicle is, and goes into some detail re headings under which "best" can be measured. See here.

Past performance of funds can be viewed in the Irish Times, on www.finfacts.ie or www.rubiconic.ie but past performance is not necessarily a guide to future returns.

I'm not aware of any publication that compares Directors' pension plans on other headings. Take into account my bias being a broker in reading the next sentence. You can ring around the various companies and gather the data yourself for comparison, or you can go to a good broker who can compare products for you in the context of your specific needs. Ideally get a recommendation of a good broker from someone you know and trust who has used the broker's services before.

Back