Best Buy For Business Account

dec_obrien

Hi,
Is there any info on the site comparing online business accounts? I'm currently using AIB but the charge for the privilege of using iBB is €200 per year which seems like a lot. I don't do that many transactions per month (small company).

Thanks in advance...

Just to double check: are you operating as a ltd company?
If you are operating as a sole trader or partnership, you would have the option of using the standard/personal AIB online banking for free instead.

Just to double check: are you operating as a ltd company?
If you are operating as a sole trader or partnership, you would have the option of using the standard/personal AIB online banking for free instead.
Yes, I'm a limited company.

I'm currently with AIB, and my two free years is due to expire soon, and I'll be paying €200 a year. Which wouldn't be quite so bad if the iBB online banking didn't look like it was designed in the late 1990s, and hasn't been updated since.

Would be glad to hear of alternatives.

I've tried a few banks for business accounts;
Bank of Ireland--online service is appalling, bad in lots of ways, costs €10pm. Don't be fooled by new updated version, its been described as lipstick on a pig in other forums.
AIB-- expensive and pretty awkward to use, card reader required just to login so not practical.
Ulster Bank-- in my experience the best of the 3, but I'm only using it for the last 2 months.
I use bankline (the comprehensive platform) and anytime (app and desktop). The app is very handy for tracking incoming payments and uses iphone fingerprint reader to simplify logins.

Hope that helps.