Best business bank ... ?

W

Whattodo

Hi all,

Planning setting up a business & was wondering which is the best bank to deal with for startups, funding, etc.

AIB seem to have quite a bit of info, but are they the best for doing business?

I went with Bank of Ireland. They have a special Start Up Package that includes a free hour with a chartered accountant, no fees for 2 years and a good online business banking option as well. I've had no problems whatsoever with them.

I have all my accounts with BOI personal,ssia etc. I have had a business a/c with them for a year and have recently decided to change to AIB. Happy with the change so far. BOI dont want to know you if you have a small business. if you are a large business they will look after you if you put pressure on them.

IMO it is the individual that you deal with rather than the bank that is important. Generally speaking you can get the same deal from any bank if you know what to ask for. I deal with someone in Bank of Ireland who is very efficient. Prior to that, a few years back, I dealt with someone in AIB who was also very efficient, but he was moved and his replacement never returned a call.

Agree 100% with Vainilla.. had a great working relationship with our local AIB manager until she left and have been bereft of any service for the past 3 years.. of course we do hear from AIB when it is peddling some new product but thats business.

Other than AIB and BOI, are there any other banks considered to be good "business banks"? Not interested in Ulster Bank, thinking perhaps of BOS or any other ones?

Other than AIB and BOI, are there any other banks considered to be good "business banks"?

We use TSB in Tallaght (changed from AIB a few years back). We've had no problems with them, and the person we deal with is very good.

We've been using AIB for the last 3 years and are very happy.

We had been using BOI but we found them to be very badly organised and messy to deal with

Back