Best american bank account

A

americano

Hi

Im returning to the US soon for a few months, to start with anyway. I am Irish have social security number and perminent resident status.

Im going to the west coast and looking for the best bank to open current account (to start with anyway). il b looking for good atm service, no charges, foreign atm withdrawls, easy cheap money transfer home etc

so if anyone has any advice on what they do it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Americano

You might have to do a little bit of asking around when you get there . As far as atms and branches go, Bank of America for example is big everywhere in the west coast and in the US except in New York where they had no branches when I was there.
I found the customer service in Wells Fargo was excellent and very friendly . However they are the same in that they are mainly west coast and you cant find a branch to do business in if you travel eastwards.
If youre staying on the West Coast, I d recommend Wells fargo or Bank of America.

If you are looking for free atm withdraws worldwide, free outgoing international wire transfers (to get money to Ireland) and free banking, check with

WaMu Free Checking

They are really free and you get a Debit Mastercard or ATM Card (depending on your credit history).

It might be a good idea however before you start shopping arround to pull your credit reports as these days the majority of banks pull a hard for a checking account and if there is something negative in there you might have problems finding a bank or getting a full checking account.

I Still have my eTradeBank account (internet banking) and have never had an issue. My statements are online and they give you interest on your current account. Ive been back in Ireland since 2004.

Garyh3

Back