BES Funds

D

DoubleDip

I'd be interested to hear from anyone with experience of or thoughts about Business Expansion Scheme funds.

I understand they can be quite risky (probably even more so considering current economic circumstances). However, I think the risk might be worthwhile especially considering the substantial tax relief (at the 41% marginal rate).

I've been looking at the Simple.ie Green BES Fund which the promoters say will invest across a range of companies in industries such as renewable energy, reclying etc. I like the idea of investing in small Irish companies involved in the 'green' economy - of all investment propositions, I think renewables are probably a reasonable bet for the next few years.

It's a 5 year investment, minimum €10k. Commission of 4% is payable by the investor on the original investment amount at the same time as the investment (once off cost); there's no annual management fees and no exit charges except for 20% investment managers’ performance bonus if investment return over 15% pa (inclusive of the tax relief).

Thanks

Back