BER improvement

HouseBuyer10

I’m looking at AIB’s Green interest rates for mortgages and I’m wondering how expensive it would be for us to improve our BER from C2 to B3 so that we can apply for the Green interest rate.
Has anyone attempted to improve their BER from C to B and how did you go about that?
We have had our attic insulated, replaced our windows and doors and replaced our heating system.
How could we make sure that any other job done to improve our BER will definitely get us to a B3?

Thanks.

When did you get your C2 BER report? Did the report outline what other improvements would be possible?

A C2 from a few years back may not map to a C2 today.

It sounds like next thing to tackle would be insulation.

When did you get your C2 BER report? Did the report outline what other improvements would be possible?

A C2 from a few years back may not map to a C2 today.

It sounds like next thing to tackle would be insulation.
Thanks for your reply. We got our C2 BER report back in March 2018. Is it too old?
Was thinking insulation and will get a few quotes.

Thanks for your reply. We got our C2 BER report back in March 2018. Is it too old?

Without knowing any details on your house, solar (no battery) is probably best BER bang for your Buck

I’m looking at AIB’s Green interest rates for mortgages and I’m wondering how expensive it would be for us to improve our BER from C2 to B3 so that we can apply for the Green interest rate
Have you calculated the likely savings from being able to avail of the green rate? Obviously there are other reasons for making your home more energy efficient but are you sure that mortgage savings is one of them?

2018 is fairly recent so less of a concern. I was thinking if you had one from further back, a C2 in 2010 may not be same as a C2 today.

Thanks everyone for your replies, such useful advice. I have one more question. Has anyone used mysolar.ie? They seem to have very reasonable prices and one can even spread the cost of the solar panels over 10 years. Thanks so much.

Back