BER Certificate requirement for the sale or letting of property (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. How much was it to do the BER course?
2. How long does the course take to complete?
3. Is the exam in a multiple choice format?
4. Can one certify their own property?
5. Finally how long is one accredited for after completing course?

Surveys cant be done for less than 150 if vthe are been done right i.e recors, insurances, accurate, registration fees, travel costs etc...

1. How much was it to do the BER course?
€1800
2. How long does the course take to complete??
courses require 40 hours of study/learning
3. Is the exam in a multiple choice format?
No.
4. Can one certify their own property?
No. You cant certify your own property, your employers property or your families property
5. Finally how long is one accredited for after completing course?
SEI are introducing a CPD element to maintain accreditation

What exactly is on offer for 100 Euro? Does that enclude the draw down plus Vat?

The whole shebang. 100 euro. Thats what its worth.

Surveys cant be done for less than 150 if vthe are been done right i.e recors, insurances, accurate, registration fees, travel costs etc...

Take it or leave it.
NEXT!!

(market forces at work)

We will see how long you last with does rates ? I have a few odd jobs around the house need doing if your working for free !

Ive got some quotes from about €125 to €175 if anyone wants them. If a mod says its ok i'll give the contact details here.

I found ringing around and playing them off against each other brought the price down. Definitely dont pay more than €175 for a BER Cert.

I just got round to reading my Sunday Times.
Big article about a BER Surveyor check they did using a standard 3 bed semi in North Dublin.
3 different surveyors gave 3 different ratings, and prices varied from 150 euro to 350.

Its a useless and utterly meaningless piece of paper. Jobs for the boys.
We can't afford this kind of crap in this economy any more. Those days are over.
Get with the program. Cut the prices.
100 euro is the max I'll pay, and I'll beat the price down to that if it kills me.

Big article about a BER Surveyor check they did using a standard 3 bed semi in North Dublin.
3 different surveyors gave 3 different ratings, and prices varied from 150 euro to 350.

I'd bet the cheapest quote had the lowest rating!!

Who is going to police this? Who checks the work of the surveyors?
What qualifications do you need to do the course?
Where is the proof that we are the "only" country in Europe who do not comply with this requirement?
I have looked at estate agents web pages in Spain, France, Portugal, Poland and Germany and nowhere on any of them does it mention the energy rating of the properties for sale or let?
More John Gormley rubbish!!!!! Can't even buy a light bulb in this country any more without being ripped off - Have to go across the boarder to get them and might as well do all my other shopping while I'm there (sorry off the topic I know)

All rubbish if you ask me?

Anybody hear John Gormley talk about this subject on the Matt Cooper show during the week.

He said he was at some launch promoting the BER scheme in somebodys house on the southside who had gotten a BER report done. The bloke in the house carried out the findings in the report, costing him 16k!

John Gormley told Cooper that the bloke had told him that the 16k he spend on repairs he would save on his energy bills in a year or 2!

For god sake, if you are getting a BER done, get a qualified engineer to do it, to make sure its done correctly. Thousands of people who don't have a clue what they are doing have been "trained" in this course and they don't know what a kWh is. Most think this is their fastlane to prosperity and are neither qualified or informed enough to do it. At least you will get a good advisory report from a qualified engineer, which can be carried out.

I am not a BER assesor.

Its a useless and utterly meaningless piece of paper. Jobs for the boys.
We can't afford this kind of crap in this economy any more. Those days are over.
Get with the program. Cut the prices.
100 euro is the max I'll pay, and I'll beat the price down to that if it kills me.

Madness. Another thing i've found that you can do is find out who did the neighbours apartment. Call them and they post the assessment to you. For €100.

So anyone paying more than €100 - €150 for a BER rating now is a SUCKER.

My bet is that in the end BER will count for nothing when people buy a house. It will make no difference whatsoever to the price of a house.
They will still buy the house they want (like a fridge or washing machine). After all we are talking about savings in energy cost from top to bottom that will be about the same cost as feeding my Dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back