Benefits to company of Director submitting CV to multiple online recruitment sites?

ivorystraws

There are well over 60 online Irish recruitment sites currently in operation. I was thinking of uploading my CV to most/all of them in order to get contacts/exposure to potential contracts that are applicable to my line of business in the hope that companies who have open positions or contracts to fulfil can *potentially* source the contract to me/my company.

What do people think? Could this be potentially of any benefit to my business?

In my opinion some (perhaps many?) agencies and their clients might consider this sort of ruse an annoying waste of their time and backfire on you and your business's reputation.

Re: Benefits to company of Director submitting CV to multiple online recruitment site

Yea, point taken.

So there exists online recruitment sites for companies to post jobs for individuals but surely there must exist a similar site(s) where companies/individuals post job/contract oppourtunities for other companies (apart from the various online tendering websites)?

You should also be aware that many of the jobs posted on websites by these recruitment agencies are bogus as well, so you'll both just end up wasting each others time.

Re: Benefits to company of Director submitting CV to multiple online recruitment site

Yea but once a director uploads his specific CV with details of his qualities (which are services/products of the company), he *may* be made aware of upcoming oppourtunities (either directly or via recruitment agencies) which other specific companies need to fulfil i.e. once the CV is uploaded to these sites, that's it, there's no searching for relevant oppourtunities or contacting agencies as a result of ads placed (be they bogus or not).

Yea but once a director uploads his specific CV with details of his qualities (which are services/products of the company), he *may* be made aware of upcoming oppourtunities (either directly or via recruitment agencies) which other specific companies need to fulfil i.e. once the CV is uploaded to these sites, that's it, there's no searching for relevant oppourtunities or contacting agencies as a result of ads placed (be they bogus or not).

But the agencies may contact you since your cv is readily available to them. Many recruitment consultants get bonus payments based on the number of phone calls they make, and the number of cvs that they add to their own particular database.

So, they see your cv. They like your experience. They call you about an "opportunity" (ching ching), and talk to you about it. You ask for more details to try to find out what's going on to benefit you, and you end up added to their DB (ching ching again for them).

On the other hand, I greatly doubt how many actual companies actually do use these kinds of sites where cvs are uploaded.

Alternatively, it is most unlikely that a recruitment company will give you the actual name of companies that may actually have specific job opportunities over the phone, particularly if they've never met you. So, you'd have to be prepared to call in to all of these recruitment companies for the face to face before getting the goods from them.

Finally, how long do you think this might work for you? After how long seeking a job would you think the recruiters would start wondering if you are pulling a scam, or that you're just unemployable, and therefore not worth contacting?

I'd be very interested to hear which recruitment agency gives a bonus to a consultant for making calls or adding cv's to the database. Recruitment is purely based on placing candidates and a fee from a company and in turn commission on the placement....

Recruitment is purely based on placing candidates and a fee from a company and in turn commission on the placement....

Obviously not! I know of at least one company that pay certain bonus amounts depending on the numbers of phone calls made (especially cold calls to businesses), on the numbers of cvs added to their database, and the number of people brought into their office for interviews.

Thanks for the replies and insght into the world of recruitment. If there is no obvious benefit to doing this, then it's not worth doing. I'm not really worried about the recruiter side of things, I'd be more interested in any direct responses from anything other than recruiters. Receiving multiple calls/spiels from many different recruiters would become very annoying.
So the question then becomes, how many companies use these sites as a source to fulfil the vacancies they may have?

As someone who used to work in recruitment (for a number of years) I can tell you this would not work. Your CV would just get lost amongst the many thousand other legitimate CVs, and if a recruiter did happen to find your CV, they would just assume you are spamming or would not understand (never underestimate the laziness/lack of smarts by HR people!!!)

As others have said, most agency jobs on recruitment websites are bogus (which makes scary reading when you calculate what % of jobs on recruitireland/irishjobs are agency jobs). Adding bogus CVs to this will just make things worse... Recruitment websites are there to help people get a job, not people trying to take advantage of the system...

Sorry if I'm sounding overly negative.

I see where you are going with this but think you would be better served by promoting your profile on Linkedin, ecademy or openbc

You will find many of the recruiters in there. These networks operate on the basis of transparency/ reputation and methods described above would not be tolerated, or indeed necessary.

OK, thanks for all the replies and especially Newsletters point on promoting my profile on Linkedin, ecademy or openbc
That's probably a better option. Although, just to clarify that in doing this,
- I'm not taking advantage of any system i.e. I would be a valid user looking for work the same as any other user (albeit contract work through my company)
- I'm not interested in recruiters contacting me, I'd be more interested in direct responses
- I doubt my CV would get lost (??). I'm guessing it would get found on the system the way other CV's are found i.e. by keyword/profile searching. If it doesn't, then what's the point in the functionality of users being able to upload CV's... why doesn't everyone's get lost?
- How would a recruiter assumme I am spamming? Is it because I upload the same CV to multiple online recruitment sites? If so, am I the first to do this?

I take ronan_d_john's point about how many "actual companies actually do use these kinds of sites where cvs are uploaded"... the number is probably very small so it's a relatively useless exercise although it's probably only about 2 hours work to do it so maybe no harm trying.

Back