Beneficiary query

Happy49

My cousin's younger sister recently passed away and her parents had written their will with both of their children as equal beneficiaries to their estate. Do her parents need to rewrite their will or will the siblings share automatically pass to her surviving sister (the sibling had no children & did not leave an estate)

first if the daughter passed away and made no will and has no husband or children then any assets she has will go to her living parents. The parents should now re write their will as they will create a round robin passing of their assets. I.e. they pass away so 50% pass to deceased daughter and as she has nobody to leave it to it reverts back to parents and as they to have passed then it passes to her surviving sister.

My cousin's younger sister recently passed away and her parents had written their will with both of their children as equal beneficiaries to their estate. Do her parents need to rewrite their will or will the siblings share automatically pass to her surviving sister (the sibling had no children & did not leave an estate)
If the daughter named is no longer around,the surviving other daughter will get it all,there is no one else to contest the will at that stage

Back