Belfry - Citywest

P

pugg25

The Belfry, Citywest

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has bought in The Belfry in Citywest. There are two developers in there, Durkan and Holliakes. Is one better than the other??

Any other Pro's and Con's on the area would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there!

Yes I signed contracts on a 3 Bed End Terrace 2 weeks ago, we went with Hollioake, mainly beacuse I preferred the house layout. I posted on an earlier thread about the Belfry if you do a search.

I dont know much about Hollioake as builders, Im just hoping for the best!! but I was advised by a friend that the soundproofing in the Durkan Houses was quite poor...dont know how true this is, also Durkan are building houses on Kiltipper Road called Deerpark and they are seemingly sinking! Not sure if thats anything to do with the builders as such?! Anyway as I said do a search, it was about 3/4 weeks back.

Good luck!

Hi

Just wondering if anyone else has bought in this development? And if so, did you experience many problems when doing your snag list? Im due to do mine in a week or two and just wondered if there was alot to be done. Also,
how long after the snag should I expect to get the keys??

Sorry for all the questions, thanks in advance!

Tonash,

Hi. I bought in the Belfry last Feburary and have not heard a peep about the house as yet...... I have no idea when it is supposed to be completed. Estate Agent said June, builder said September.

Which phase did you buy in??

Hi Wiggles

We put down our deposit in January.....not sure which phase that was?
we were given an original completion date of October but were informed a couple of months ago that builders were ahead of schedule (for a change!). We received notification from the builders with our completion date which will be in 2 weeks time.

Which builder did you buy from? Durkan or Hollioake? we're Hollioake and so far have had no problems/issues......

Ah okay I am with Durkan, may be they are a bit slower :)

I put my deposit down in Feb, still hoping to be in there within the next month or two.

Is your plae a hose, duplex or apartment??

I was up there recently and noticed that there is a large amount of work being done on the shopping centre.

A House. I did hear from others that Durkan were slower alright. You should keep at them all the same, Im sure at this stage they should have an idea of the completion date. Try ringing the Builders office rather than the estate agent.....have found DNG not to be that helpful in the past......good luck anyway!

Word to the wise. If it's Durkan and it's semi-d and if you can, get your party wall checked with a view to sound proofing/tolerance.

Decani said:
Word to the wise. If it's Durkan and it's semi-d and if you can, get your party wall checked with a view to sound proofing/tolerance.

How would you do this??

Do you have a Durkan home?

Good advise from Decani...just reminded me of a friend living in a Durkan built house.....had major problems with noise coming from next door neighbours since day one, could hear everything, talking, TV, rows! etc as clear as day! He decided to have his house soundproofed. Turned out that there were holes filled with plaster board instead of bricks between his and his neighbour..................

Tonash said:
Good advise from Decani...just reminded me of a friend living in a Durkan built house.....had major problems with noise coming from next door neighbours since day one, could hear everything, talking, TV, rows! etc as clear as day! He decided to have his house soundproofed. Turned out that there were holes filled with plaster board instead of bricks between his and his neighbour..................

Yikes..................

So how would you find out if the sound proof os okay without going next door and shouting??

AFAIK there is only one company that will conduct this test. They're called Ded Sound. Don't know what happened to their website but you should find them in the Golden Pages.

Back