Being charged 1% less than my quoted rate on Term Loan

RichInSpirit

Just saw that a quarterly interest payment went onto a term loan that I have with an Irish Bank this morning.
I never checked if the interest amount was correct before so just did a quick back of envelope check on the rate and to my horror discovered that the interest being charged looked much smaller than I expected.
I reckon about 1% less than the rate quoted on my statements.
Who do I complain to I wonder ? ☺

Hi RedOnion, no i'm not sure. I'm not a "triple A" customer with them and nowhere is mentioned a 1% discount.
I think their system is at fault, but I am loath to tell them that as this bank never makes mistakes !

Just think what you would do if they were charging you 1% too much? That's what you do now, but you don't have to, YET!:)

Are you sure you're calculating it correctly or using the correct interest rate?

What is the interest rate wording? Is it Euribor + XX%, ECB + XX% or a specific phrase like Prime Rate + 0.5% or something else?

Just think what you would do if they were charging you 1% too much? That's what you do now, but you don't have to, YET!:)
I could root out all the past statements. Bit of a chore as they are all pdf's never looked at. And work out how much they undercharged me. And then approach them to right the injustice.

SPC100's thread is the answer to my 1% I think. I made some extra payments lately and this seems to have some changed the interest calculation.

Back