been refused invalidity (on illness benefit at present)

shootingstar

Hi all...

I got letter stating my illness benefit was due to expire this month. Im NOWHERE near ready to go back to my job...

I applied for invalidity but was told this morning i have been refused on medical grounds?

Could anyone tell me what my options are? does the illness benefit continue or is my only option the dole?

sorry, i have no idea how this works :(

SS

If you haven't already, you should get the full reasons for the decision, and make sure that they took everything into account. If there was something that wasn't taken into account, then its not a bad idea to contact the deciding officer and ask for the decision to be reviewed. If that doesn't reverse the decision, then you can appeal, although this can take anything up to a year.

Depending on the medical nature of the decision, you might be able to apply for Disabilty Allowance, as there is a different medical test involved. However, Disability Allowance is means tested.

Thank you for this. I have not received their letter yet, this was all done this morning via phone.
Its no problem being means tested (ive bugger all) lol... have meeting Fri morning with my SWO who is just fantastic & hopefully he`ll advise too... thanks x

Back