Bay window curtain pole

Sarah

Hi again

Anyone know if bay window poles are normally a standard fitting. Seen a bay window pole in Argos (square shape) and was thinking of buying it but just want to know if i would have to measure first or are they usually adjustable or standard fitting?

Thanks again!

Re: Bay window pole

Bay windows definitely differ in dimensions. The advantage of buying from Argos is that they have a 16 day money back guarantee as long as you return the item intact and in the original packaging. However you should be able to check at customer services in store about the dimensions of the item first even though things are not on display.

Measurements are in the book. Measure your own window and see if it wil do. Bear in mind that you 'MIGHT' be able to cut the pole down to size...obviously I'm guessing on that but most poles can be cut down...but you are never going to manage to make it bigger!!!

Have you considered the plastic runner you get that even has draw string that you can bend inside the corners...you can bend it quite tight....up to 11 inches from the corner....so the last support is 11 inches from the point where the walls join at right angles and via the use of a hairdryer/heat gun you can bend the rail onto the 2 supports so that it is a good fit into the corner...

Originally posted by Sarah here:
Hi again

Anyone know give or take how much a bay window pole would cost? I know i need the measurments to get a proper quote but the window in the sitting room is square and so far the quotes ive recieved are over €400!!! I seen a bay window pole in Argos for €50 so theres a huge difference price wise there. The pole will be used to hang heavy curtains.

Thanks a mill and as always all info is very much appriciated!

ClubMan said:
Originally posted by Sarah here:

Sarah,
I used the plastic pole that you can bend around inside corners...it cost be 60 euro I think for a total length of 4m. Both ends of the pole as I said bend in around the corner with the bend coming off supports that are 11 inches from each wall. The curtains we had were my wifes mothers and were extremely bloody heavy. i simply got extra supports for 3 euro from the same brand as the pole and hung a support every 12 inches.
No problems at all for it.

They are drawstring plastic pole....string at each end for each curtain and its perfect.

Hanging curtains???

Ok i know this will sound really dumb but does anyone know if its easy enough to hang curtains on a bay window pole? Its the normal swish poles..the white ones. Also got a quote from a blind place and for 2 patio blinds, and 9 windows to get roller blinds and a bay window curtain pole like i described above, inc fitting its around €1060. Does that seem reasonable? I havnt got a clue as its my first home!

Thanks a mill as always

Sarah

Back