Battery dead - no radio code?

muffin1973

The battery on my car (Ford Fiesta) was dead when I tried it this morning and now having gotten it started again, the radio won't work and the code doesn't seem to be written down anywhere. Would anyone know how/where I could find out what the code is? Thanks.

ring your local ford dealer they will be able to give it to you

gg

u will have to remove the radio and give them the seriel no on the side of it to get code

zooman said:
u will have to remove the radio and give them the seriel no on the side of it to get code
Kind-of defeats the purpose of a security code, doesn't it?

If you ring a Ford dealer (perhaps where it was originally purchased) and give them the reg. no. (no need to remove the radio!) they will have the code on their database. I've had this problem with a second hand Peugeot and got it sorted without difficulty. The database is that used for following up on manufacturer's recalls etc.

Hi muffin1973

The same thing occurred to me very recently - but I came across a really good site that will sort you out for free!

(My problem was I had the code for my radio, but no radio book giving instructions on process to key in number).

To solve your problem, just post up the make and model of your car radio and if possible, the serial number.

Another user will come back to you in a day or so, with the unblocking code. I found it really brilliant. http://forum.eserviceinfo.com/viewforum.php?f=8&sid=db5d39bdbd64614f1a12abac08ac95fc

Let us know how you get on.

Blimey - how right you are! I never would have considered that, RainyDay.

I came across that site having locked my keys into my car on a bank-holiday weekend, spent 4 hours trying to open it myself, paid a rip-off garage 90 euro to get the door open and then discovered the battery was dead.

Sorry now I posted that link - I think you should delete it.

Back