Basic Investing Strategy

Stupid Boy

Hi All,

Apologies for the novice title of the thread but my girlfriend has come into a bit of money... im still clearing off my debts (previous money makeover thread refers)

Just wanted the opinions of a few better placed minds on the below basic investment strategy:

1) Start a Cash ISA and push to maximise contributions to it during the tax year

2) Start a Stocks and Shares ISE and push to maximise contributions to it during the tax year

3) Open a high interest savings account and between my girlfriend and myself maximise contributions to the account

This should account for roughly circa 18K per annum of savings... just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on the prospective plan... apologies again if this is very basic strategy and or stupid but a bit of feedback would be welcomed.

Thanks a million folks,

SB

"Cash ISA" suggests that you may be UK based. While you will get a lot of generally useful advice here bear in mind that the site is an Irish one primarily aimed at Irish personal finance and related matters.

Have you read the AAM Guide to Savings and Investments (linked from the Posting Guidelines & Links section above) and the consumer guides on www.itsyourmoney.ie to get some idea of generally applicable savings/investment tips?

Back