Banners Broker leaves 15,000 out of pocket

Brendan Burgess

Founder
I am amazed that this doesn't appear to have been discussed on Askaboutmoney.

Apparently 15,000 Irish people have invested money in this pyramid scheme.It's gone bust in Ireland but is still operating internationally.

Banners Broker had vigorously denied it was a pyramid scheme, but has told investors its current difficulties arose because of a failure to attract enough new entrants.
Canadian Rajiv Dixit was the chief operating officer for the ultimate parent company, Banners Broker International. He was previously linked to a pyramid scheme in Canada.
It was heavily discussed on boards.ie

Perhaps AAM people are too wise to be caught by such scams. On a more serious note I am constantly amazed how people are conned by these "schemes" recalling the famous Shanahan Stamps and in recent times many people have parted with very substantial sums. It must be the lure of a fast buck!

Perhaps AAM people are too wise to be caught by such scams.

I would hope that if anyone who had heard of askaboutmoney heard of this scheme, that they would check on askaboutmoney. Even if they had not heard of askaboutmoney, you would hope that they would Google it. There was a good discussion on boards.ie explaining that it was a scam.

But, even today, the guy in charge in Ireland is still denying that it is a pyramid scheme.

Brendan

Sure he has to keep denying it is...always amazed how people get involved in these too!

There was a short lived thread about banners broker on AAM in 2011,as I remember contributing .

Hi vandriver

Good spot. I have undeleted the thread now.

It shows a weakness in our banning system.

We banned bannerbroker and deleted his posts so the whole thread disapperared including your analysis and the analysis of others.

I hadn't heard of bannerbroker so I assumed it was just a tiny operation. We should have left it up there as a warning to others.

Brendan

Back