Bankruptcy hearing relisted pending notice to creditors

no_moolah

Hi all

Has anyone ever heard of a judge listing a bankruptcy petition for hearing at a later date in order to allow the creditors to be put on notice of the petition?

Thanks

NM

If this is in the UK it happens regularly, espy in Manchester and often in Slough and London.

I have had 30-40 of these. We always get the order and never once has a creditor turned up to one of these hearings, even NAMA who were on notice once for €100m.

There is nothing to be worried about. What are they going to say after all. If your comi is right they can't object. That is why they don't turn up.

The only frustration is that you have to wait an extra 6-8 weeks before the order gets made.

I am just going down to London today to attend just such a hearing.

I will post back later to explain what happened so as to show there is no need to worry

Steve Thatcher
www.stevethatcher.ie

If this is in the UK it happens regularly, espy in Manchester and often in Slough and London.

I have had 30-40 of these. We always get the order and never once has a creditor turned up to one of these hearings, even NAMA who were on notice once for €100m.

There is nothing to be worried about. What are they going to say after all. If your comi is right they can't object. That is why they don't turn up.

The only frustration is that you have to wait an extra 6-8 weeks before the order gets made.

I am just going down to London today to attend just such a hearing.

I will post back later to explain what happened so as to show there is no need to worry

Steve Thatcher
[broken link removed]

As always - thanks Steve. It's funny how my legal agent and solicitors were not able to advise me on this as they had never come across it before. You don't realise how bad these companies are until you've paid the fees and it's too late. I appreciate your help.

Just goes to show that when you employ "experts" you need to look at their track record in completing similar cases rather than just their legal credentials!

Just goes to show that when you employ "experts" you need to look at their track record in completing similar cases rather than just their legal credentials!

I initially went to a firm in Ireland and they instructed this crowd. I thought I was going to be dealing with Steve Thatcher as he was associated with them at the time. That is the only reason I went to them.

I've gotten better advice on this forum than I have from my own solicitors.

Hi Guys,

no creditor turned up yesterday.

The Judge gave a superb reasoned Judgement which properly protects the client as she made it clear that she had considered her papers and it was clear her centre of main interest was in the UK

Key points highlighted were that she had informed her creditors where she was living and they had responded to her here.
That she showed constant spending in the UK
That she had closed her Irish bank accounts down
That she had a long term commitment

Judge also noted that a person could change their comi at any time for any self serving purpose. The key points were that it was done in substance.

Good luck

Steve Thatcher
www.stevethatcher.ie

Hi Guys,

no creditor turned up yesterday.

The Judge gave a superb reasoned Judgement which properly protects the client as she made it clear that she had considered her papers and it was clear her centre of main interest was in the UK

Key points highlighted were that she had informed her creditors where she was living and they had responded to her here.
That she showed constant spending in the UK
That she had closed her Irish bank accounts down
That she had a long term commitment

Judge also noted that a person could change their comi at any time for any self serving purpose. The key points were that it was done in substance.

Good luck

Steve Thatcher
[broken link removed]

Thank you Steve - this puts my mind at ease.

Back