Banking will change on April 18...

DublinTexas

can edit posts
So having seen this TV spot promissing more than basic banking on April 18 I wonder who / what is it?

Anybody any idea? Bank of Scotland ? Bank of Ireland?

Pretty sure that it's NIB/Danske.

Pity they haven't done more with their website.

I heard something about a 'wrapper' mortgage on The Sunday Business Show yesterday from John McManus (Bus. Ed. of Irish Times), i.e. consolidates a number of loans into a mortgage or something along those lines.

Their current account/overdraft/credit card packages [broken link removed].

Five months interest free period on balance transfers and purchases and competitive APRs thereafter.

No overdfraft set up fees on amounts up to €10,000.

download their [broken link removed].

Last edited by a moderator:
CCOVICH said:
€1.25 charge to advise you of PIN (if lost/forgotten)-is that a new one?

While I would hate to pay for this, I suppose in fairness it costs them .48c for a stamp, another couple of cents for the envelope and bits of paper inside. You will have spoken to a customer services operative to tell them that you have forgotten your PIN. The wages of these operatives have to be paid as well, and seeing as how it was you who lost/forgot their number then it would not seem unreasonable that you should have to pay for the costs involved tothe bank in giving you the new number.

Murt

Just an observation on my part, not giving out or anything. Just don't recall seeing it elsewhere before, but could be mistaken.

Actually if I recall correctly, if you lost your card with Ulster Bank a year or so ago - they issued a new card (which cost 6 euro). This is definitely new from NIB. Also new is the biannual charge for issuing a new bank card - just like UB's above mentioned charge.

Back