Bank Transfer to the USA

Y

yankee

What's involved in transfering money from my bank a/c to a bank a/c in the states. Also, how long would it take?

What is the currency? When a conversion (€»$, e.g.) is involved, the process although not elongated, becomes costlier. Expect to lose 1.75 - 2.00% in commission and charges for the priviledge of buying $s from an Irish bank. You can check and select Typical credit card rate: 2% from the drop-down list to approximate the hit.<!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END--><!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END-->You will also need the US bank's routing transit code (typically found on American cheques in the LLH corner before the account number) and the US bank's correspondent's BIC/SWIFT code (you will have to ask the US bank for this).<!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END--><!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END-->Too easy, yeah? I just xfer'd $s last evening [broken link removed], but then I eschew queuing in Irish banks.<!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END--><!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END-->NB. - expect the Irish bank to delay the process ca. 4 days whilst it uses your funds. Once in the US, the correspondent bank has up to 3 days to fiddle with your cash. Oh, did I say that whats remains of your money will finally become accessible up to 5 days after the US bank receives them?<!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END--><!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END-->Oh, the marvels of electronic banking!

Back