Case study Bank threatening legal action

18% of mortgage docs by main lendersare flawed and unenforceable..

Now that's a bold statement Gerry. What are you basing it on?

Re Flac, if they're free they shouldn't be charging. Mabs doesn't charge, at least I don't think they do.

Why are you worried about the ex or the banks difficulties after you go bankrupt?? It becomes their problem, you just walk away.

I agree with this advice, but would also add the tenants. They will also be the banks problem.

Michaelg has to disassociate himself from any concern or thoughts for the ex or the tenants. Because you know what, they will all be fine, and Michaelg needs to now concentrate on himself. You can be sure the tenants and the ex are not concerned about Michaelg.

In case, once again, I'm misunderstood, the tenants will have to be given proper notice by the bank and may actually not pay rent for a while, or a good while, or they could be left stay there while the property is sold.

Michaelg;

The PIP I send people to is Ryan Stewart 085888531. (mention my name as he gets too many wasteful calls)
On the phone he will give you advice @ no charge, you can then decide what to do.

isten to what he says.

In relation to Bankruptcy costs , I reckon nearer k4.
If and ONLY IF that is the road YOU decide , you can (save ) the k4 by stopping paying MR Bank for a few months.ie you are going bankrupt anyway!

I like Brendans advice , just maybe the Bank will do a deal?
Whilst all this Debt Management/Bankruptcy can be done by yourself , I think I would prefer a professional because can you trust Mr Bank?(see Brontes comments)

Thanks for that Gerry.
Just off the phone to BOSI, i wanted to ask them about Tanager LTD and if theyve sold my account.
Was impossible to get through to certus today (45 minutes on hold), rang the bank directly and got through quickly to someone.
They advised that my account has not been transferred so far , although it may or may not be in the future as they are just in the early stages of transferring accounts.
Somewhat unsure of how to proceed now or how this might affect my own case.

Guys, Certus rang me today and offered to meet me in person to "discuss" my mortgage/ arrears debt.
Any advice on the pros/cons of meeting them ?

Bear in mind that this is a joint mortgage and the other person has emigrated and i am not in contact with them, i don't see how the bank can do anything without both signatures ? or at least that's the line they've so far been taking with me in MARP.

I met New-Beginning a few weeks ago and will probably apply for bankruptcy in a few months although i didn't mention that to the bank today.

Any thoughts are much appreciated, thanks

Back