Bank statements

P

piggy

I just rang my bank to request a 6 month bank statement.

I was told that it's going to cost me 3.50 for the first page and 2.50 for each successive page!!!!

I was told this was because I receive them regularly anyway. I told them I couldn't remember the last time I'd received a statement so the girl then informed me that my account was set up for once yearly statements!

I asked could I speak to head office about this and she said no...she coudn't give out their number. Is it just me or is this a ridiculous amount of money to be charging for a service like this?

I was so annoyed on the phone about this, although I did tell her I knew it wasn't her fault.

It sounds like a ludicrous amount of money for a bank statement, is it possible to change the frequency of the statements? Or do you have to set up a new account to do this? I wouldnt even think about paying this!

You should just be able to ring the branch and get them to change the frequency. I did it with a whole rake of accounts when leaving the country for a while - just got everything changed from monthly to quarterly. No problems, and they even asked when I wanted the next statement to issue.

The other thing you can do is go to a pass machine and request a statement if you are looking for transactions since your last statement.

Or go into the branch and ask for a mini-statement or whatever they are called.

Or go online (if you are setup) and you will have the whole lot there.

The charges you were given are reasonably standard as far as I know. I presume this is to cover the hassle factor of having to set up a job for the 'official' statement printers to print out 3 or 4 pages when they are normally set to do print runs of 10s of 1,000s of pages a night on an automated schedule.

z

Hi stobear,

I wouldnt even think about paying this!

Neither would I normally, but I need an official bank statement including name and address for something.

Hi Zag,

I would've printed it off online were it not for the name and address needed.

I'll be ringing them back shortly to get them to change the frequency of my statements.

I think I'll also be penning my bank manager a letter about this in the not too distant future.

Copies

When I was a bank official we introduced a charge for "duplicate" bank statements. We had an avalanche of individuals that never held on to the originals and suddenly their accountant or similar required them so there was this big panic to get hold of copies. I think that this charge is fair under these circumstances. However to ask for your statements to be sent out more frequently requires no "extra" work by any bank official as it is an automated process. There should be no charge. Wow! The head office number is a secret. That's a new one.

statements

Is the head office number not in the phone book?

You may not be able to use online statements but if you go in to the bank certain branches have statement printers. You just use your atm card and PIN to start it printing. Does anyone know if you get charged for this as well now? I used to do it all the time until I realised I could change the frequency of posted statements to monthly instead of quarterly.

There's definitely a statement printer in the BOI on Baggot St and in the Ulster Bank on Baggot St/Pemroke St as well. Don't know what bank/area you'd need tho. BOI in Bray also had one as far as I remember.

Re: statements

Can you not just get one page sent to you? I needed a statement from last february and nearly died when he said 2.20 per page, cos there would be loads since then. But I was able to just get the month of February sent out, which was just 2 pages.

Hi Havana,

No...need the whole 6 months unfortunately.

Does the Name and address be on all the pages? I think its only on the first page on my AIB statement. Could you not combine a statement sent from the bank with the remainder printed from you online banking?

Actually on second thoughts the whole acc. no. isnt on the online statements so thats probably no use.

Back