Bank shares a good buy?

I agree that the banks here are not going to be caught up in the subprime lending that has happened in the states. Property will always sell in Ireland, there is not a lot of it around. Okay the prices have dropped and may have to drop a bit further, but there will be plenty there to buy it if prices drop a bit further. I believe that by next Spring things will start to pick up again. As I have stated earlier historically the bank shares are blue chip and the dividend is a nice bonus. Personally , I will wait for another drop and then buy some and leave them there.

Do those people who were advising everyone to hold on to their shares longterm rather than "Daytrade" still hold those views?

I agree that the banks here are not going to be caught up in the subprime lending that has happened in the states. Property will always sell in Ireland, there is not a lot of it around. Okay the prices have dropped and may have to drop a bit further, but there will be plenty there to buy it if prices drop a bit further. I believe that by next Spring things will start to pick up again. As I have stated earlier historically the bank shares are blue chip and the dividend is a nice bonus. Personally , I will wait for another drop and then buy some and leave them there.
I hope you waited long enough mercedes1. You've been strangely absent for eighteen months. Anything the matter?

Back