Bank of Ireland to pay 0.5% 1 year fixed

Their regular saver accounts are also increasing to .75%.

"Bank of Ireland today also announced a 0.5% increase for "Regular Saver" personal deposit accounts, which will allow customers earn 0.75% on their "Mortgage Saver", "Goal Saver" and "Child Save" accounts, capped at up to €15,000."

How generous of them :rolleyes:

I've never known BoI to offer particularly competitive rates, be it for lending, or deposits, and yet, people stick with them. Amazing, really....

How generous of them :rolleyes:

I've never known BoI to offer particularly competitive rates, be it for lending, or deposits, and yet, people stick with them. Amazing, really....

AIB regular saver accounts are still at .10%,
Assume they will have to at least match 'soon' - shockingly slow

With only AIB, Permo and BoI having any serious presence in Ireland, my bet is that none of the three will ever pay a decent rate.

The niche online players will struggle to capture ten percent of the market, between them!

The niche online players will struggle to capture ten percent of the market, between them!
I don’t necessarily disagree but recent reports on here suggest that Raisin.ie are struggling to service current demand from Irish depositors.

Relative to other rates available, 0.5% is possibly as good as BOI have ever been? They've always been one of worst interest paying banks.

I'm probably misremembering but I can't recall that 1-year fixed being over 1% even when the ECB rate was 4%+ at some points over the last 20 years.

Last edited:
Back