Bank of Ireland online business banking

Brouhahaha

Hi,

I've a business account with BOI. I'd like to view transactions on the account from time-to-time online. Business online banking has a setup fee of €165.07 and a yearly fee of €38.09 which is a bit steep for my needs (I don't need the advanced functionality you get with their business online banking - I just want to view an online statement). Does anyone know if it's possible to view a business account using their simpler personal online banking system? My only other option I think is paper statements.

Thanks

>Does anyone know if it's possible to view a business account using their simpler >personal Online banking system?

No it isn't. If you want to see business accounts you have to Pay. Both BOI and AIB charge. NIB's business internet banking is free and I'm considering a move myself at the moment for that reason.

I wasn't aware that BOI's charge was €38 per year. Last time I checked both AIB and BOI were charging about €200 per year. I must look at it again.

-Rd

Ulster banks anytime service is free for business as long as you only want to view your statements. Its €15 - €20 per month if you want to use it to make payments/transfers.

Past30now

I double-checked BOI's price here ([broken link removed])

It says 38.09 per year for "electronic banking" on page 12 which I took to mean online banking but maybe that's incorrect.

I just called into a Bank of Ireland branch today to open up a business account and I was informed that they provide free business banking (no maintenance or transaction charges) for the first two years!

>>for the first two years!

Not good enough. Must try harder. :)

I searched the BOI website for prices for Business On-Line.
It gives you a number to ring. Bad start.

The number is out of service, but gives you another number. Getting Worse
That number gets you voice mail.

Game over.

-Rd

After the first two years the cost is 15 euros a month. I've just been on to them in the recent days trying to find a cheaper alternative. I was finally directed to the branch manager in Rathfarnham. When I explained that I only use it to pay myself expenses and to monitor the account he told me to get a cash card and then write a cheque to myself for the expenses.
I asked why would I write a cheque (and wait for it to travel through postal service and bank clearing service) when I could send a fax and the money would be transferred immediately. He then changed his tune and said he didn't want me replacing an electronic service with a manual one!! I said I would send the fax anyway as I've done it in the past and he answered that he would instruct his staff to ignore them!!!
How about that for customer service!
I have asked for the service to be cancelled and will start sending faxes instead and order a cash card. Will see what happens!

Helen, Leave. thay don't want you as a customer, there are alternatives.

-Rd

I know. I'm going to call them and tell them I'm leaving. I'm just after reading all the posts on all the free banking that's available so there's no way I'm staying with them.

Usual disclaimers apply of course. Make sure you know what you're getting for "FREE". For example I have an AIB Branch very near me when I'm in Waterford, but NIB would be a pain to get to.

When I'm in Dublin Tallaght is the nearest AIB branch and Terrenure is the nearest NIB branch. Even though I can be in the Tallaght branch in about 10 minutes it would take all day to get served (have you ever seen the queues in Tallaght AIB?). A drive to Terrenure would not be a problem.

Internet banking should take care of virtually all of my needs. I still need to lodge cheques, but that can be done by post (last time I checked).

I really don't think there's any good reason to pay €200 for internet banking.

It works on the assumption that businesses will just pay up. For a big business it's a handy service and moving bank is too much hassle, so businesses will pay up. For the small business who isn't getting much of a service from the local branch anyway, you might as well move.

-Rd

Is anyone out there using Bank of Scotland Ireland's [broken link removed] for a small business? Free banking if you present less than 50 cheques per month. Seems like good value. Any opinions/experiences? How is the online banking?

daltonr said:
It works on the assumption that businesses will just pay up. For a big business it's a handy service and moving bank is too much hassle, so businesses will pay up.

It is a bloated heap of caca poopoo if ever I saw one , especially the bubbles. It is designed for multi account big bizniss no single account small bizniss.

Back