Bank of Ireland - New Savings Rate - 6%

I reached my 18th month anniversary this month so now I am getting 3.75% EAR on all my money. I still have my direct debit going in for the maximum amount.
I understand I can change this amount but can I also just stop my direct debit completely and leave the balance to gain Interest? I dont want to keep putting in the full amount and at 3.75% if I could I might just leave some money in it if that's possible.

Mine reached 18th anniversary also. Drew out all the money and stopped the direct debit -finished it completely - Bank of Ireland hopeless, offering just 3.75%. There are many better offers out there, 5% and more.

Mine reached 18th anniversary also. Drew out all the money and stopped the direct debit -finished it completely - Bank of Ireland hopeless, offering just 3.75%. There are many better offers out there, 5% and more.

- Me too!

Theres' a new Easy Save with BOI. Int rate of 7% up to balance of €5000. Max DD amt of €500.

Can't put in a lump sum though & access to your funds without penalty 4 times pa.
I stopped & closed my SBSA and I'm saving into this a/c instead.
I put my SBSA balance into Rabo @ 4.75 for 3 months until I decide what to do with it.
When I've reached my €5k I'll check up on what else is available. All the good rates seem to be for new products, whichever company you go to. Just keep your eyes open for the next deal ...

When I check my Current a/c 365 online it still show's direct debit that I had for my special savings a/c. I specifically asked to cancel this -after all I did close the a/c. Is this normal - will it just go off soon? Also It stil show's my special savings a/c but with a correct balance of nil - why keep showing this?

Well folk's I decided to phone 365 online to check if my d/d had been cancelled and surprise surprise the Clerk I dealt with in person in the Bank the other day had never cancelled the d/debit so the operator I am talking to says hold on and I'll check with your bank -I'm stuck on hold -then I hear hello and it's my local bank on the line -explain the story -oh I cant do that I'll put you on to the special saving a/c section and just in case they dont answer here is the direct number so I wait -phone disconnects. I've had enough. I've just cancelled it myself (well I hope I have) online. Surely the operator I phoned on 365 online when they realised it hadnt been cancelled they should have offered to cancel it themselves and maybe remind me of the facility online for doing it myself. Once again as far as I was concerned it had been cancelled when I was in with them closing my special a/c. Keep this crap up BOI and the Current a/c will be closed next.

Hi,

Do BofI pay all the interest when closing the Special Bonus Saver Account? I've read the T&C's and it only says the interest is payed annually in March, but I presume they pay all interest when closing the account as well. My account reaches 18 months at the end of this month so want to trasfer the funds to somewhere offering a higher rate

thanks.

Back