Bank of Ireland / Croskerry Court Date

Charles Darwin

today i received a summons from croskerrys on behalf of BOI with regards to a unsecured loan of 19500 borrowed just before the crash

I cannot afford to pay this loan

Croskerry are seeking income and expenditure details - do I provide same?

Do I attend the court date?

I had previously made an offer of 3K a number of years ago to clear the debt and now it has reappeared.

I have never been in court before and I am now anxious as what to expect will do the judge place an order against me that I cannot afford!

I can afford say 30 a month.. at the most in my current circumstances.

Any advice on the matter or PM on who to contact is most welcome

The situation is gettimg me down and has me awake most nites with worry.

The court case is to the local district court also.

I strongly suggest you attend court.

I also suggest you contact your local MABS Office to get an appointment for help preparing an "Income & Expenditure" statement

https://www.mabs.ie/

You can also use their self-help guide :- [broken link removed]

and their online budgeting tool:- [broken link removed]

HTH Don't worry that the site refers to mortgages a lot, a debt, is a debt is a debt. You must follow the same steps to put a budget / I&E statement in place

Mathepacs advice is good.
1. Write to Crosskerrys and state you can,t afford to repay and have an appointment with Mabs to do a proper income v expenditure statement.
2. Ask them to defer the case until you get that to them.
3. Tell them you would love to be able to repay and that you know and accept you owe Boi.
4. Enclose copies of some wage/welfare slips to give them a quick idea of your position.
5. Once you present an honest Income v Expenditure the judges will be fair, you will not be asked to repay too much.

Do NOT pay any more than you can realistically afford , remember if you can afford NOTHING then that is what you do.
At worst Boi get a legal judgment that you owe money (you don,t deny that)

Court is very intimidating , but in fairness they are not out to frighten you.
(Remember there are a lot in the legal profession in stir over loans! so they know the story)

What you will get is a closure.
If at future time you come into funds you will have to repay the debt.

Keep copies of everything you send.

Back