Bank account for a new business

Max Million

Hi,

I have just set up a new company (Lth.) (for contract work). I am now in the process of choosing a bank to open a business bank account with. This is all new territory for me so I was wondering what kind of questions should I ask the banks about their business current accounts. Can anyone recommend any bank that is currently offering good deals to new small businesses? Has anyone experience with AIB from a small business point of few?

All feedback welcome. :)

MM.

Bank of Ireland offer a 2 year deal, free from bank charges and a good online banking service.

Don't know about the others. . .

Bank of Ireland offer a 2 year deal, free from bank charges and a good online banking service.

Don't know about the others. . .

I use BoI as well. It's a good online service but your heart will be broken trying to get it set up. Lots of red tape. Worth it though.

There is someone offering three years free but not sure who...

Hi,

I have just set up a new company (Lth.) (for contract work). I am now in the process of choosing a bank to open a business bank account with. This is all new territory for me so I was wondering what kind of questions should I ask the banks about their business current accounts. Can anyone recommend any bank that is currently offering good deals to new small businesses? Has anyone experience with AIB from a small business point of few?

All feedback welcome. :)

MM.

I formed a company recently and had to open a bank account.

I phoned a particular branch and arranged to meet with the branch business manager.

For the meeting I had to bring along copies of the memorandum and articles of association, company seal, proof of identification, utility bill.

The business manager took copies of the documentation and opened the bank account there and then.
I received two years free banking.
AIB is my bank.

I find ulster to be quite good + no fees for 3 years. Their online banking is superb - the only thing it doesn't do is take cash lodgements!

Back