Ballymun

Pexus1976

Hi,

Thinking about buying an apartment in Ballymun..........is this a good or bad idea! All comments good or bad appreciated

If you're in it for the mong term then I'd say it's a fairly good idea. Ballymun is getting a lot of amenities put in place and the metro from Swords to Stephen's Green via the airport will be running down main street!

If you are planning to invest, I'd say yes. To live there, I personally would not want to live there right at the moment, but in a few years time it could be great.

I have a friend who was renting up there and the local scum recked the apartments entrance by smashing the glass on the door, ripping out all the letter boxes and ripping the heaters off the walls. Somehow they also broke the lifts and the lighting in the hallway.

I was actually thinking of buying a place tehre too as an investment. Decided not to and am somewhat relieved to be honest. I have heard that there were a lot of problems which have lead to large amounts of protection money being handed over by the management committee and as a result the management charge has almost doubled.

Might be worth asking exactly what the mgt charge is? To be honest I thought the big driver would be the metro in terms of capital appreiciation.

Roy

I know several people who have invested in the area, The Goulding and Santry Cross and renting it no problem with no protection racketting, so it must be just in some areas.

I don't think it's any worse that some of the inner cite areas, notably thomas St, Cork st etc, where there are loads of drugs, break-ins etc

Good Morning!

Thanks for the comments, have decided to buy three apartments in the area may even move into one of them next year.

Currently building 2 major hotels on the ballymun road. All the towers should be knocked town within the next 2 to 3 years. Plans to build swimming pools, gyms, Multiplex Shopping Centre, cafes restaurants etc...

Supposed to be the next Smyth Field or IFSC. Biggest Regeneration Project in Europe. Colleagues of mine bought investments there last year for approx 240K now worth 360K.

Check out the website www.brl.ie

Thanks again

P

Back