Balance transfer Cr Card to O/Draft

funnymunny

Hi,

I am looking for advice. My cc provider rang the other day (MBNA) to say that I could transfer a balance from my credit card to my current account and avail of a low rate of 3.9% for 6 months on this transfer. As my account is overdrawn I thought it would be a good way to clear the overdraft and pay back a lesser interest rate on the amount.

I am now having second thoughts as I had almost gotten back on track with my credit card...owing about Eur500. It is now back up to Eur1,000.00 and I don't really feel comfortable with this. I am hoping to be in a position to clear this within the 6 months, however, this is not guaranteed.

Should I transfer the money back into my credit card and concentrate on clearing it altogether or should I pay the lower rate of interest as opposed to overdraft interest on my current a/c?

Many thanks.

I'd cancel your card with MBNA alltogether. They are cowboys in my opinion.

See if you can transfer your balance to a card with 0% for the first 6 months like Ulster Bank.

i've just used the UB option to get rid of credit card debt on primary card - as long as you stick to a plan, and don't use the UB card as well!! - then it's a great option

Back