Bag stolen - not covered by insurance

monkey0804

I got my bag (phone, wallet with 250 cash and all cards etc...) stolen recently. When I called the insurance company it seems that we do not have the relevant insurance option to cover items stolen outside the home.

I assume that there is no other recourse I can take but if anyone has any thoughts please advise? I had it stolen from a pub in town.

THanks.

I presume that you have cancelled any cards at this stage!? Is the phone covered by any standalone insurance? You can almost certainly write off the cash anyway.

Cards all cancelled, phone not covered by any insurance but cost of replacing that is only 50.

I think I'll change my house insurance to get the additional cover. For the like of me, its bags, bikes, contents of car that I'm likely to get stolen so none would currently be covered. Well it's a lesson learned!

You should make sure that you really need to insure for such risks and might not be better off taking preventative measures instead (e.g. don't leave the bag lying around in the pub, don't carry large amounts of cash/valuables etc.).

Back