bad rates in Hong Kong

paperclip

I was in Hong Kong yesterday, and decided to head into HSBC to ask about their deposit accounts.

They were delighted to inform me that there was a special offer for new customers, for time deposit accounts, of 1.2%! usually 0.5%

My HK mate said this was normal, and that no one really saves, but invests in HK.... needless to say, I won't be availing of their "special offer"

Rates are, generally speaking, 'crappy' abroad. Maybe your money is best left in Ireland where rates are good; and they are probably as safe here as anywhere else, in the Eurozone at least.

I was in Hong Kong yesterday, and decided to head into HSBC to ask about their deposit accounts.

They were delighted to inform me that there was a special offer for new customers, for time deposit accounts, of 1.2%! usually 0.5%

My HK mate said this was normal, and that no one really saves, but invests in HK.... needless to say, I won't be availing of their "special offer"

Dear me! when you were advised to shop around for investment adivce, Paperclip, I think people meant for you to do it in Ireland!!!:D

Rates are, generally speaking, 'crappy' abroad. Maybe your money is best left in Ireland where rates are good; and they are probably as safe here as anywhere else, in the Eurozone at least.

Depends on central bank base rates in the relevant currency zone.

AUD and TRY rates, for example, are well above EUR savings rates.

Dear me! when you were advised to shop around for investment adivce, Paperclip, I think people meant for you to do it in Ireland!!!:D

:D I am looking into financial advice in Ireland... however, I'm sure they should be able to advise on off shore accounts.

Back