Bad practices by shoppers, do you say anything to them ?

I was out yesterday, good bright day, so, I walked to the green grocer and my wife would pick me up afterwards.
While I was waiting in the queue to pay, outside a group of young adults literally thundered down the pavement, all in great form and pushing and shoving each. It was outside so, I thought nothing of it but I went to another shop and they had multiplied by a factor of 3 and were really acting up, throwing exploding bangers or squirting that stringy stuff at each other, not a mask to be seen, hand holding, snogging the works.

I was young once too and ordinarily wouldn't give much thought to this, but we are in a pandemic and if this is an example either the message isn't getting through or its been ignored.

Life has to go on, but is it also the responsibility of everyone to do their bit, and it's not a big ask , 3000 cases yesterday and hospitalisations increasing and fun isn't banned, yet, but responsibility appears to be lost.

I can see 3.5/4 k cases per day soon, what then? We are only entering winter , the Government will not be quick to reintroduce severe restrictions but honestly I can't see us escaping them.

Then the usual decrying will begin but nobody will be responsible we hear the usual " the health system is a mess" blah blah blah , it is a mess but why anyone would want to become messier is beyond my understanding.

I have seen a number of people wearing the blue surgical facemasks. They take them out of the packet and put them across their face without even realising that you need to stretch the pleats out over your nose and under your chin. They look like a blue band across their mouth.

Two years on and they still haven't a clue.

Lots of them about still.

It seems that the 000's of cases per day are mostly young people who aren't ending up in hospital, let alone ICU. I'm not sure that it will make much difference whether the daily case numbers jump to 4k. Nor am I sure people will abide by new severe restrictions. The message is getting through, it's just that the younger people don't care any more. I don't blame them. Time for the Government to replace all edicts with advisories and accept that we'll just have to live this thing. The vulnerable, worriers, and anti-relaxers ;) should take whatever personal measures suit their idiom.

It seems that the 000's of cases per day are mostly young people who aren't ending up in hospital,
....is this correct?

We are not getting any breakdown of the figures. We are told one day that it is in the 5 to 12 year olds but that they are not getting it IN schools but bringing it TO school.
We are told that half of those in hospital are over 65.......those between 60 and 70 got the AstraZeneca vaccine, is this vaccine allowing breakthrough infections more so than other vaccines?

Are the cases evenly spread through the country?

We are told that half of those in hospital are over 65.......those between 60 and 70 got the AstraZeneca vaccine, is this vaccine allowing breakthrough infections more so than other vaccines?
No, it's because they are old.

Are the cases evenly spread through the country?
And are we just doing more testing than other countries?
Given that children are more at risk of serious illness from Flu than Covid shouldn't we just let them get it and use that cohort to build up a level of community/herd immunity?

I am not sure that anyone would want to see children sick.
But children don't get sick (and yes, I know there's the very odd exception) so let them get it, get over it, and move on. Restrictions certainly have a greater impact on children as a cohort than Covid.
If you are old, sick or fat just continue to wear a mask and follow the guidelines. You shouldn't be going to pubs and restaurants but everyone else should. If you share a house with a child then wear a mask at home, or would you rather the rest of the country closes down again so you don't have to?

Weekly breakdown available here.
Over 10,000 cases in the week ending the 15th of October and one death of a person under 65.
Of the 22 deaths of people over the age of 65 it would be useful to know if they were vaccinated and if they were already seriously ill or dying.
Colin Powel was said to have died of a Covid related illness even though he was 84 years old, suffering from Parkinson's disease and riddled with cancer. How many of that 22 are in that sort of catagory?

Back