backboiler stove and my heating...any good plumers out there

R

rokz1

well finally got a builder to enlarge my fireplace ...and get a stove fitted.great. nice hot water and rads..!.
Builders mate was a plumber and said he had done loads of stoves.Perfect.
But sadly all is not.The problem is only the rads upstairs get hot and downstairs only luke warm.The plumber turned off all rads upstairs and still no effect on downstairs .Strangely when i switch on the oil central heating all rads are perfect.I now switch on the oil for approx 15 minutes and then light the stove and this seems to help the downstairs rads to stay warmish but not hot.The plumer mentioned i would have to wire up the second pump situated at the oil boiler to switch on with the stove.and this might do the trick..?..I was wondering could i disregard the pump located at the stove and jst use the pump at the ch boiler whitch is located in a backroom.The stove is quite a large one and is more than capable for my requirements.If anyone can help..i would be very appreciative as this is driving me bonkers...Thanks

sorry about spelling re:plumers....plumbers

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like your interlinked/dual system is not working properly. Each heating device should work independantly of each other. The pump beside the stove should have no problem circulating water to the downstairs radiators. This pump should be controlled automatically by a thermostat fitted on the gravity circuit between the stove and hot water cylinder.
Is the builders mate a qualified plumber? Has he experience in fitting dual central heating systems.

Thanks for reply..qualified yes...but experiance i think not. I have noticed that wher he fitted the pump (the outlet of stove) heading to the cylinder the downstairs rads are joined jst before the pump and are branched off at a severe angles approx 2 90 degrees and under the floor..really cant c any flow getting to the downstairs rads with this setup.

Back