Baby Monitor Suggestions

IrishGunner

ok Junior on his way and now looking at getting ready for the arrival

I am looking for a video Baby Monitor and there are plenty out there so just looking for Parents whom have kids and what they used. I was looking at the Motorola's and good and bad reviews about them.

I was looking at one that we can use at home, with a monitor, and that I can log in and view from my phone to see Junior when I am away or at work.

Any suggestions?

If not in correct forum can Mods move

I have a motorola video one. I had one 5 years ago on the first child and the battery went on it after a few months and I swore I'd never get another. but they are the most reasonable in terms of cost and features. This one is going 6 months, no issue.

We have a voice monitor so that will do for the time been. I was looking at one that can monitor the temp in the room but not just rely on that as we can also control heat of the radiators via an app. Was looking at the Motorola and some good and bad reviews and they are not cheap so still looking

Personally I think they are a ridiculous idea. And I'm a long time mother. You'll end up going in to see the baby too often and give yourself endless grief.

You didn't ask but I'll give you two pieces of advice. Breast feeding makes quieter babies, better nappies and against all the books advice putting a baby on it's belly works wonders. And a drawer in your parents house is just as good as a carry cot for quiet a good while. Finally, go on holiday with the baby while it can't move.

Thanks mother will be looking after the baby during the day and doing all the things you suggested but have cot in Parents houses already. I am an avid traveller but wont be doing any long haul, exotic for the first 6 months and see how we are next year.

I know about all the privacy and hacking etc of monitors but think they have moved on and its good to keep an eye on junior while you are elsewhere that would give me comfort

We used an angelcare sound and movement monitor which is meant to be one of the best on the market. Started off fine but as baby grew and decided to move up to the top of her crib in a horizontal position the monitor was throwing false alarms constantly and causing us unnecessary worry. Eventually i unplugged it and sold it. You will be amazed how parents intuition works once baby arrives.

We honestly bought every type of gizmo you can think of and used very little of them. A good travel system is really all you need at first and every thing else can be bought when required. When listening to recommendations bear in mind all babies are different, just because someone elses child loved a bouncer or swinging rocker doesn't not mean the next one will and as we found this goes for a lot of stuff that's currently on the market.

We bought one before our baby was born last year. And never used it. It was fiddly. It was the Angelcare one with a board to detect if the baby stopped moving. I sold it after a couple of months.
We had a moses basket downstairs so for the first few months our daughter always slept near to us. Babyys don't care about surrounding noise in the first few months. They'll sleep through anything.

Now she's a bit older we need a monitor very intermittently (e.g. she won't sleep alone so if she wakes up and we're downstairs we want to know about it). I got an app on our phones called Dormi baby monitor. It's about €7 for unlimited monitoring. One phone stays beside the baby and the other stays with you. It's very handy and portable if both parents have a phone or if you have a spare device. You can press a button on your phone and it'll show your kid on the screen and you can talk to her through it if you want.

I know about all the privacy and hacking etc of monitors but think they have moved on and its good to keep an eye on junior while you are elsewhere that would give me comfort

You may think that being able to look at the baby sleeping when you are at work will give you comfort, but its not likely to, in my experience.

You may think that being able to look at the baby sleeping when you are at work will give you comfort, but its not likely to, in my experience.

Wont be monitoring remotely just at home was thinking of getting camera for this but not now

Back