Awaiting a De Bonis Non (DBN)

Jameseed

As executor of my late mother's will, part of her estate was still in my late father's name and my solicitor took out a 'de bonis non' on our behalf. We were told it could take about 22 weeks. However, we are still waiting after almost three years. I phone the solicitor from time to time and he just says we are slowly making our way up the queue! Does anyone know the length of time these things usually take. Mum died in 2013 and I still have part of her estate to administer!

Somewhere between 3 to 6 months from the date papers are submitted to the probate office, depending on the part of the country you are in and the backlog there.

From what your solicitor is saying to you that would appear to be a very long queue!! Unbelievable.
Why don't you contact the Probate office, explain the situation and give the names, address and date of death of both your deceased parents and ask them to confirm that the applications have actually been lodged in the Probate office.

Was certainly considering phoning. Didn't want to appear to be going behind my solicitor's back. But yes, will be phoning this coming week. Thank you!

Back