Other Aviva free travel insurance offer

colin79ie

If you have both car and home with Aviva, they offer 1 year free EU travel insurance.
Was just about to renew my travel insurance and seen this offer.
It's underwritten by Chubb insurance but no real info on the product there.

Does anyone know if the cover is on a par with the mainstream companies like vhi multi trip etc ?

I've availed of this for the past few years. It appears to be on a par with the travel insurance cover offered by the other suppliers.

Why not sign up for it - bearing in mind that it's free! - then read the full cover details and, if you decide that if it doesn't fully meet your requirements, then take out another policy? In particular check the coverage for medical expenses abroad.

if you decide that if it doesn't fully meet your requirements, then take out another policy?
Having two policies in effect covering much of the same risk could greatly complicate any claims.

Having two policies in effect covering much of the same risk could greatly complicate any claims.
I have the free Aviva Travel Insurance. I also have a free travel insurance with my uFirst Gold account with the Ulster Bank. The Ulster bank one covers pandemic but I am not sure if the Aviva one does. I bring a copy of both policies with me when I travel abroad. I wouldn't be able to retain the information contained in both in my head.

Fair point, but my (unwritten) assumption was that he'd only take out a second policy if the free one wasn't considered fit for purpose; in which case he'd discard the freebie!

Fair point, but my (unwritten) assumption was that he'd only take out a second policy if the free one wasn't considered fit for purpose; in which case he'd discard the freebie!
Ah, OK. Not my field, but I've read here in the past of issues where someone has multiple policies covering the same / similar risks.

Got the free Travel Insurance and it doesn't cover winter sports, spent about 2 hours on hold ang getting transferred from Billy to Jack trying to pay for an upgrade to the free policy; gave up eventually and bought a separate one.

Have very good travel insurance that comes with our Irish Life Health insurance. I believe it comes with all health ins policies

Have very good travel insurance that comes with our Irish Life Health insurance. I believe it comes with all health ins policies
Only included in Irish Life Health & Travel packages, available at extra cost on most providers' policies. The cover levels are in line with the budget offerings from others. For example, cancellation & curtailment cover is limited to €1,500 when VHI's multi-trip policy allows up to €10,000 .

Back