Audi A3

G

gsh3451

Hi all,
Bought a 2003 A3 in June from a main dealer. I got a six months/6000 miles warranty. My problems began when the airbag light came on. I got the car serviced in October where the fault was checked and cleared. 24 hours later the light came back on.
On the passengers side there is water entering which I think was the cause of my hazard lights coming on for no reason. I have dried this up which solved the problem.
My question is, can I get the dealer to pay for any work with the airbag or the leak. I bought the car within six months but have exceeded the mileage on the warranty.
Any help and I would be very grateful.

gsh3451 said:
I got a six months/6000 miles warranty..... I bought the car within six months but have exceeded the mileage on the warranty.

I think you have answered your question yourself:)
Warranty expires after either "6 months" or "6000 miles" which ever come first...
As you have exceeded mileages, you have legally no more warranty from this main dealer.
BUT, best would be to discuss with dealer as the 2 faults you encountered are hardly due to extra few miles....

2003 is a newish car. Is it still not under "manufacturer's warranty?"

Unfourtunetly i dont think you have any comeback!

I bought a 00 car 2 years ago. I was given a 3 month warenty with the car!!
During this 3 months i returned the car on many a occasion....

Drivers seat collapsed
Brake dics were going
Clutch needed to be replaced.

I would asked to leave my car down 3 or 4 times each time after being told sorry didnt get around to it bring it back next week!

Unfourtuetly this went on until the warrenty was up.
And i found that proper repairs were never carried out on the car but patch up jobs! So after the 3 months i was left replcing the clutch, replacing the brakes and i drive around with a drivers chair which is collapsed on the right side as one day whilst sitting in my car and heard a bang with that a found a large metal plate had falled off the frame of the chair due to rust!! Rust on a 00 car chair!!

So in the 2 years that i ahve had the car a

Clutch, Gear Box, Brakes have been replced plus it will cost my €2456.00 to replcew the chair as it is un fixable. I threatened legaly action but i was sneered at!

my advice would be, next time ur buying a car bring a mechanic with you and check every inch and if while still under warrenty a part need to be fixed get in writhing that if that part fails again within 6 months of being fixed they will take resposability and fix it.

PS. Never dream of buying a car from Carroll & Roche in Newlands Cross Clondalkin........ :(

What was the make / model of car, worth passing on this info to the suspecting public.

I had a 1999 Almera that I bought with over 90k miles on the clock, I got 6 months warranty from the main Nissan dealer in Letterkenny, and never had any problems with it in the 2 years I owned it. Nissan would generally have a good reputation as being reliable. 3 of my friends now have Almeras (an exciting bunch!) and no problems to report.

Alot of my family own Almeras and they have had no problem with them!
It was more to do with the garage were i bought the car!

Back